My kids have been going buts trying to decide what they want to be for Halloween this year. We have already decided on about 30 different outfits, at one point or another. It is kind of comical listening to them go on and on about what they are going to be.
I remember the days when I use to make the kids costumes. It was something I loved to do but the girls are more interested in costumes they see either online or in the stores. While we have gone through a ton a different ideas of what they wanted to be, these are the top 10 that they seem to always go back to.
- A Witch- Joey decided her wanted to make a spooky witch costume so Serenity soon decided she wanted to a witch. These seems to still be the go-to costume right now but who knows. Halloween is a ways a way still.
- A Gypsy- Willow saw the gypsy’s dress and decided she just HAD to be this. She didn’t even know what it was but it came with a beautiful dress.
- Minnie Mouse- This is one of Willow’s favorite shows and she loves to pretend to be her. She loved the idea of being Minnie until she saw the next costume in the aisle.
- A horse back rider- Serenity has been riding horses for a few months and she has become obsessed.
- A Monkey- When Willow was younger, I made her a monkey costume. It took me over a month of knitting and I guess I made it pretty big. She still fits in it.
- An Owl- After looking at Halloween costumes for kids at Alex and Alexa, Serenity was on an owl kick. She wants to have owls everywhere and dress up like one.
- Alice in Wonderland- I bought a pair of Alice in Wonderland tights for Serenity from the Halloween section, because they were black and white stripes, inexpensive, and cute. Now she thinks she wants to be Alice.
- A Cheerleader- Serenity has been a cheerleader for 3 years and she was thinking about just wearing her cheer uniform.
- Lala Lopsy- Willow doesn’t even know what it is, really. but she loved the costume.
- A Sheep- I don’t even know where that one came from, but it was popular for a while.