This is a paid guest post.
White picture frames make a big fashion statement in fine art framing. Their sleek, clean, simple look can be the perfect complement to virtually any type of décor, and can help to highlight nearly every kind of image, making art appear to float on the wall as opposed to being weighed down by heavy borders. White frames allow colors to pop and they don’t overwhelm a piece of artwork or any surrounding furnishings near which they have been displayed allowing the art to truly take center stage.
The following are some of the best ways to decorate through the use of white picture frames, regardless of what your current décor may be: from a country kitchen to a contemporary office.
- Revitalize old frames: If you have an old frame that you absolutely love, but it’s in the wrong color, then all you need is some paint. Turn a frame of any color into a white one that will either look fantastic highlighting a piece all on its own, or that will blend well with other frames (either for a uniform or eclectic style).
- Pair it with white picture ledges: For a genuinely crisp and clean look that allows the artwork to truly stand out, set white picture frames on white ledges, such as shelving or mantelpieces.
- Build contrast: When you are decorating a deep or rich colored room, or even one that has striking bright colors, then any image in a white frame will stand out in a highly appealing way. This is an easy way to complement other white accent pieces or to form a truly fascinating focal point in the room.
- Highlight kids’ masterpieces: Few things are more beautiful than the artwork that a child creates with love and pride. Show your budding artist how much you value his or her talent by custom framing your child’s artwork and displaying it in a white frame. It is the ideal style to allow primary colors to pop, and it ideally complements the innocence of a child’s artwork.
- Revitalize old frames: If you have an old frame that you absolutely love, but it’s in the wrong color, then all you Enhance modern lines: In a contemporary space, selecting a white picture frame with sleek, crisp lines can enhance the appearance of the modern style.
One final note is that white frames are appealing enough that they can be used as a part of décor, even without containing anything. A collage of similar or dissimilar white frames can make a stunning and eye catching wall display that is certain to appeal and to be quite the conversation topic. That type of arrangement can be created very affordably, which only boosts its attractiveness.
Laura Jajko is President of Marketing at AmericanFrame.com, the nation’s leading online source for custom frames, mat board, archival digital printing services and picture framing supplies. For inspiring picture framing and design ideas, visit her blog, A Good Frame of Mind; and join her on Twitter @laurajajko and .