This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something from them, I earn a small percentage that helps keep The Spring Mount 6 Pack running.
I love skillet meals. I am always looking for meals that are easy to make. When we are running around like crazy, I need something that is going to be easy to cook, won’t take a long time, and won’t make a lot of dishes for me to clean up afterwards. Skillet meals are the perfect meal idea.
I love oriental flavors. We love to order Chinese food but with this many people in the house, that can be a very expensive dinner. So I recreate many of the flavors at home. By combining flavors that we love and with meals that are easy, we have a great tasting dinner and a happy night. Just what a busy family needs.
4 Boneless center cut pork chops
1 cup Snow peas
1 cup Baby carrots
2 cups Broccoli
1 large Yellow Squash
3 tbsp. Olive oil
Oriental seasoning ingredients:
½ tsp. Ground Ginger
1 tsp. Ground Turmeric
2 Tbsp.Light Brown Sugar
½ Tbsp. Fresh Ground Sea Salt
1 tsp. Coriander
½ tsp. Ground Cardamom
½ tsp. Ground Cumin
½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
Mix all together and seal in a zip lock bag until used.
- In a large bowl add your center cut pork and evenly coat with oriental seasoning, salt and pepper and place in your refrigerator for 2 hours to marinate
- In cast iron skillet add 3 tbsp. of olive oil and place on your stovetop at medium heat to high heat.
- Once the oil is bubbling add your center cut pork chops cook on high for 4 minutes until its a light crispy then rotate and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Now reduce the heat to medium and cook on both sides for an additional 4 minutes each to insure its completely cooked it will look white no longer a clear look to it
- While you are cooking your pork chop prepare your vegetables by breaking the broccoli into smaller parts for easier cooking. Rinse your vegetables and allow to air dry for a few minutes
- Pull the pork out of the cast iron pan and place to the side
- Add your carrots, broccoli, yellow squash and snow peas to the pan with your and saute’ for 12 minutes on medium heat – stirring often
- Turn off your heat on your stovetop and place the pork back in the skillet.
- Garnish with Parsley