I have been helping to take care of my niece while her mom is dealing with some issues. It has been a long time since I have had a toddler on a full time basis. I have forgotten how much work it is. While having my niece with us, I have learned she is obsessed with Mickey Mouse. The first few days she was here, she walked around holding a small Mickey Mouse stuffed animal that was the only thing she wanted to play with. Since then, she has pointed out every Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse she has found. It is truly adorable.
- 1 package of Double Stuffed Oreos
- 1 bag of chocolate melting wafers
- 1 bag of red candy melts
- 50 yellow M&M's or about 1 cup
- wax paper
- cookie sheet
- two small pots
- tooth picks
- Gently tear apart the Oreo cookies so that you have one half clean of filling and the filling is on the other half.
- Fill 1/4 of the bottom pot with water and place on medium heat.
- Place the second pot on top for a few minutes to get hot.
- Take one of the chocolate wafers and use your fingers to place the bottom edge of the wafer to the bottom of the top pot to "Melt" the wafer to the edge of the cookie
- Place the melted edge of the wafer to the edge of the filling to make the wafers look like ears.