This post about Summer Brain Drain is brought to you from VTech and the Innotab 2S. The VTech product, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by VTech. All opinions and thoughts are my own.
My big kids finished school this week and Willow finished school the week before. We are really excited for all the fun things we are planning to do this summer. We are going camping a few times, have trips to the beach planned, heading to the zoo, the lake and a ton of other exciting day trips. Plus, lots of days sitting at the pool.
But as Mom, I worry that the kids are going to suffer from Summer Brain Drain. You know that back slide, when they aren’t using their brains as much as they do in school. At school, they spend 7 hours a day, working their brain. They read, write, practice, and learn. During the summer, we do lots of things that still enforce learning, but what kid LOVES worksheets during summer break.
That is why parents need to get creative. In my house, everyone knows how much of a tech junkie I am, and so are my kids. They love having access to the computer and to their tablets. I have decided to take and make it work to my advantage. My 2 girls are using the new Innotab 2S from VTech to continue practicing their skills this summer and they do not even realize it. The Innotab 2S offers tons of great games that help the kids practice skills and even learn new ones. And while I still limit the amount of screen time they get, the time they are on their tablet, I know it is time well spent.
The Innotab 2S is a WiFi enabled app based learning tablet. It is one of the first WiFi enabled children’s learning tablet. It offers the widest variety of curriculums, from downloads to software cartridges, the InnoTab 2S combines innovative technology with a developmental learning tool that grows with a child and makes learning fun. The WiFi connects to the Learning Lodge, which offers the downloadable content, where parents and children can view the content. Parents can download the games, books and videos that they want for their children. Kids can create a wish list that gets sent to their parents email. The Innotab 2S also has features a rotating camera and video recorder, tilt sensor, photo viewer, video player, mp3 player, eReader, microphone and art studio.
The Learning Lodge features:
- The Learning Lodge features more than 350 educational games, e-books, music and videos developed specifically for each child’s unique stage of development, as well as with their age and interests.
- The broad library of subjects includes reading, math, social studies, science, creativity, problem solving and so much more!
- Starting with activities suitable for toddlers and expanding to grade schoolers, the Learning Lodge gives every child an opportunity to expand their learning potential while keeping them entertained.
- Featured throughout the downloads and software cartridges are popular characters such as Mike the Knight™, Angelina Ballerina®, Team Umizoomi™, Dora the Explorer™, Thomas & Friends®, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles®, Jake & the Neverland Pirates, Sesame Street and more. New titles coming out on the Learning Lodge beginning in June include: Monsters University®, Turbo®, Planes®, and more.
- Parents can track their child’s progress through the Learning Lodge™ Progress Log, offer encouragement and share in their pride when kids reach new learning milestones.
My girls have been playing the Madagascar and Toy Story cartridge games. They have been loving the different skill levels that the games feature. The same game can be played by Serenity and by Willow just by choosing different levels.
The Innotab 2S has been a win/win for the kids and me. They are thrilled when they get to play, thinking they have won the screen time argument and I am happy because they are keeping their skill sharp.
Would you like to win a VTech Innotab 2S for the kids in your life? Right now US readers can enter to win a VTech prize pack. Giveaway ends 6/22 at 11:59 pm.