The snow has started to fall. While I am not a fan of the cold, I do like seeing how excited the kids get when it starts to snow. So we spend a lot of time out playing in the snow once it starts to pile up. Whether it is a snow day from school or a fun weekend together, fun things to do in the snow never go out of style. If you live in an area that gets a lot of snow, consider yourself lucky. Many people have to travel during the winter months just to see a snowfall. They don’t get many chances (if any) to get out enjoy all the fun things to do when it snows. It’s so beautiful to look at and even more fun to play in, so get outside and take advantage of it while you can.
Here are 5 fun things to do in the snow this winter:
- Build a snowman or get creative and build some other type of snow sculpture. You can even have a neighborhood competition to see who can build the biggest or the coolest looking snowman or wildest looking creature.
- Get outside and go ice-skating together as a family. If you don’t have any place in your community to go ice-skating outdoors, look for an indoor skating rink.
- Build an igloo or snow fort. These are so neat and a lot of fun to play in. You may even be a little surprised at how much warmer it inside of one of these than it is on the outside.
- Go sledding with friends. It really is as much fun as it looks and it’s a great way to get some exercise during the winter months.
- Go snowmobiling. Can you imagine how much fun it would be to ride around on a snowmobile? Don’t worry if you don’t have one, there are places that rent them out. Check your area to see if there is a snowmobile rental in your area.
These are just a few of the fun things you can do when the snow begins to fall. Be sure to take lots of pictures of all your adventures to share with family and friends. You can even use some of the photos to make homemade holiday cards for next Christmas.