I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This easy meal recipe shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.
Slow Cooker meals are fantastic. They save money, because you can eat at home. They save time, because after you throw the ingredients in the cooker, and you are done until dinner. The problem with slow cooker meals… you have to remember to set it up in the morning.
My mornings are nuts. So are my days. There are days, most days, that I do not even think about dinner, until… um… dinner. Then it is a game of what to make for dinner, that tastes amazing, with the ingredients I have on hand. I was planning on making this amazing pot roast dinner using Kraft Recipe Makers. Until I forgot to get the pot roast ready and in the slow cooker, with an hour until dinner time. There is no way a pot roast will cook, deliciously, in an hour. Plus, we needed to leave for cheer leading in 60 minutes.
Looking at the ingredients on hand I decided to make a Mock Pot Roast Dinner. I already had the Kraft Recipe Makers, a meal starter kit, sitting waiting to be used.
Using hamburger instead of pot roast, and noodles instead of potatoes, I had one of the best quick family meals we ever had.
While this is a 30 minute meal, if you can let it simmer a bit longer it will only increase the flavor. Cook up the hamburger, and start the noodles. While that is going, dice up any veggies you would like in your dinner. The smaller you dice your veggies the quicker they cook. If you like larger veggies but still want a 30 minute meal, toss them in the microwave for a few minutes.
When the hamburger is done, drain the grease, and add in the veggies. Pour in the simmering sauce and saute the veggies, or let the veggies finish cooking if you used the microwave.
When the noodles are close to being done add in the simmering sauce from the Kraft Recipe Makers kit. Cook the noodles until al dente. Drain the noodles and mix everything together. Enjoy.
I loved how great this tasted, and the kids devoured it. It tasted just like a pot roast without waiting all day for it. It is a simple, inexpensive meal, made in 30 minutes, that stopped me from grabbing fast food on the way from practice.
- 1 box Kraft New England Pot Roast Recipe Makers
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 cup each of veggies of your choice. Try canned tomatoes, carrots, onion and peppers
- 1 box of noodles
- Start water for noodles, while browning hamburger.
- While hamburger is browning, dice veggies.
- If veggies are large diced, start cooking in microwave and finish in pan, or cook completely in pan after draining grease from hamburger.
- Drain the grease from the hamburger. Add in veggies and simmering sauce from the Recipe Maker Box.
- When the noodles are almost done, add in the finishing sauce to the meat.
- Cook noodles al dente. Then add into the hamburger mixture.
- Let the mixture meld together. Serve hot and enjoy.