School is starting for us next week, and for many school has already started. My kids hate to eat breakfast in the morning unless it is a hot cooked meal. But that takes time to make and then time to eat. And my kids are like me, they just do not want to get up any earlier than they have to.
A Breakfast Quesadilla are a great solution. The are quick and easy to throw together and can be taken to eat on the run. More or less. This is a simple recipe my family loves. And just about everyone in the family can make it.
By having the eggs already cooked and scrambled, there is very little time involved in making and heating it.
Each one of the kids can customize their breakfast to exactly how they like it. Some like veggies, some like onions, or extra cheese.
- tortilla shells, flour or corn
- eggs, scrambled
- bacon or sausage, cooked
- veggies- if your family likes veggies in theirs, cooked
- a bit of oil
- What makes this recipe great is that all of the ingredients can be made up a head of time and stored in the refrigerator. And then in the morning, it is easy to assemble the quesadilla.
- To assemble, simply add in a some eggs, bits of bacon or sausage, any veggies you would like and cheese.
- Fold over.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan.
- Add the quesadilla into the pan and toast slightly. Flip it over and toast the other side. It only needs a few minutes on each side and is done when it is as brown as you like it or the cheese is melted.
- Need it in an even bigger hurry. You can even toss these in the microwave. They do not crisp up but take yummy even still.