Twice Baked Potato and Ground Beef Pie

Yum

Ingredients

1lb ground beef (at least 85%)

1/4 cup garlic bread crumbs

1/2 onion diced

1/2 teaspoon sage

1/2 teaspoon salt and peppers

1 egg

mashed potatoes, either home-made or packaged

Cheddar Cheese

2 slices of cooked bacon

green onions

tomatoes- if desired (You won’t see these in the pictures, my family doesn’t like them)

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix beef, onion, bread crumbs, seasoning, and egg. Press into an ungreased 2 quart glass baking dish.

2.After preparing the mashed potatoes, flavor with cheese. Then spread evenly over the meat mixture. Sprinkle more cheese, about a cup, over the top.

3. bake, about an hour, until the meat is cooked and reaches an internal tempature of 160 degrees. Sprinkle with chopped bacon, green onion, and tomatoes

Disclosure: The Spring Mount 6 Pack receives compensation for working with sponsors. Not all posts are sponsored or contain affiliate links. Materials provided, ie: images, trailers and/or activities were provided by our source. UNLESS Stated otherwise.

Comments

• says

Thanks. My kids loved it and ate the entire thing. My daughter asked for it the next night. 2 of my kids are fussy eaters so for them to love it was a big deal.

1. Terry says

Want to make this for dinner to day. Do you cook the groung beef before you spread the mashed potatos over them and bake it?

• says

I have made it both ways. I originally answered this comment saying yes I cook it first. But I often make it with out cooking it too. When I cook it first I do not add the bread crumbs.

2. Kelsey says

Was browsing Pinterest for a ground beef recipe with my boyfriend and he totally drooled at this picture. Seems simple enough. Making it now!

3. Lindsey says

Thinking I will be doing this tonight one with the onion and tomatoes and another with out it for those who are my picky eaters. But I love this idea and it looks amazong think I will be serving it with some fresh made pinto beans too..

4. Jill says

Have this in the oven now! For those of you that cooked the meat first…how long would you say that you kept it in the oven?

5. Lindsey says

how did you brown it just like you would taco meat? Im trying to figure out the best way to cook this…

Trackbacks

1. […] 5.  Twice Baked Potato and Ground Beef Pie – I guess this is a rendition of Shepherd’s Pie? I was a little hesitant about this one, but it was seriously awesome. (Side note – I browned the beef before putting it in the oven. Putting in raw beef kind of grossed me out.) Recipe here. […]